KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
Kyocera has developed a long life igniter for residential heating systems which is referred to as the most robust igniter in the world 
21 maart 2017
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera, a Japanese technology group, has developed a new silicon nitride igniter with exceptional endurance and very stable ignition performance for European residential gas furnaces. Kyocera`s SN igniter has been regarded as one of the most robust igniters in the world and heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius. As the new igniter can be operated at rated residential voltage, no high voltage protection is needed for either systems or modules. This allows flexible components selection and contributes to cost savings on the total system.
The new 230V SN igniter heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius very quickly and smoothly sparks off natural gas. Compared to conventional spark plugs, Kyocera´s igniter has a wider hot surface and enables a very stable ignition performance. In a test circuit with 40K cycles, the igniter achieved a defect rate of zero.
Furthermore, the igniter shows a very small resistance change over life time which results in yet another advantage: the igniter shows no degradation which gives customers easier control over the heating system.
Kyocera has relied on and continuously expanded its expertise in material and manufacturing technology in the field of technical ceramics since its foundation in 1959. The new silicon nitride igniter is another product that enriches Kyocera´s broad brand portfolio.
 Based on internal measurements carried out by Kyocera
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- KYOCERA multifunctionals en printers bekroond met vier iF Design Awards 2017
- KYOCERA blijft ten minste tot september 2017 naamgever stadion ADO Den Haag
- KYOCERA Document Solutions vergroot haar belangen in de ICT-sector met de aquisitie van ANNODATA
- KYOCERA Document Solutions wint Good Design Award 2016 voor vier A4 printers en multifunctionals.
- Kyotoprijzen voor de 32e keer uitgereikt
- KYOCERA Document Solutions bestempeld als ‘belangrijke speler’ in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Document Workflow Services 2016
- electronica 2016: Kyocera presents brand new technologies for the automotive industry
- Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
- KYOCERA lanceert tien nieuwe multifunctionals
- KYOCERA Document Solutions introduceert KYOCERA Fleet Services
- KYOCERA verlengt contract met ADO Den Haag
- KYOCERA introduceert haar toner-recyclingprogramma in heel Europa
- Nederlandse winnaars KYOCERA Service Award 2016 bekend