KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
Kyocera has developed a long life igniter for residential heating systems which is referred to as the most robust igniter in the world 
21 maart 2017
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera, a Japanese technology group, has developed a new silicon nitride igniter with exceptional endurance and very stable ignition performance for European residential gas furnaces. Kyocera`s SN igniter has been regarded as one of the most robust igniters in the world and heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius. As the new igniter can be operated at rated residential voltage, no high voltage protection is needed for either systems or modules. This allows flexible components selection and contributes to cost savings on the total system.
The new 230V SN igniter heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius very quickly and smoothly sparks off natural gas. Compared to conventional spark plugs, Kyocera´s igniter has a wider hot surface and enables a very stable ignition performance. In a test circuit with 40K cycles, the igniter achieved a defect rate of zero.
Furthermore, the igniter shows a very small resistance change over life time which results in yet another advantage: the igniter shows no degradation which gives customers easier control over the heating system.
Kyocera has relied on and continuously expanded its expertise in material and manufacturing technology in the field of technical ceramics since its foundation in 1959. The new silicon nitride igniter is another product that enriches Kyocera´s broad brand portfolio.
 Based on internal measurements carried out by Kyocera
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- KYOCERA ontvangt “Highly recommended’ beoordeling van BLI voor dertien producten
- KYOCERA wint Good Design Award 2017 voor nieuwe multifunctionals
- A dream kitchen present under the Christmas tree
- KYOCERA Document Solutions sluit wereldwijde sponsorovereenkomst met Gartner Events.
- KYOCERA Document Solutions wint Technical Packaging Award in Japan
- KYOCERA Stadion krijgt andere naam
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe benoemt Global Account Senior Manager
- Spice up the table with the latest salt and pepper mills from KYOCERA
- ZES KYOCERA PRODUCTEN winnen een BLI Summer Pick Award 2017
- Nederlandse winnaars KYOCERA Service Award 2017 bekend
- KYOCERA Document Solutions behaalt ISO27001 certificaat
- New KYOCERA Ceramic RFID Package With Embedded Antenna Increases Read Range up to 2X
- KYOCERA Workflow Manager gelanceerd om bedrijfskritische documentprocessen te verbeteren
- Toshiba Materials and Kyocera Agree to Collaborate on Development and Production of Nitride Ceramic Components
- KYOCERA stopt met naamgeving stadion ADO Den Haag